There has never been a better time to join Allison Homes and be part of our exciting growth journey.
Allison Homes is an established and respected housebuilder with over 30 years’ experience based in Hampton, Peterborough operating in Eastern, Southwest and Central England employing approximately 240 employees across 3 regions.
We are looking for enthusiastic individuals to help us achieve our ambitious growth plans and goals.
We are committed to high quality design, construction, and customer service, and are proud that over 90% of our customers would recommend us to a friend. Our purpose is to build thriving communities, whilst caring for the environment, our customers and our people so that we can create great homes that realise people’s dreams. We do this by building great relationships with our customers, our partners, the communities within which we build, and our people.
Allison Homes are proud of their people. Collaboration and teamwork are a key part of everything we do. We are looking for people who want to be part of our journey and grow their career along with our success.
Allison Homes East Region
The Quantity Surveyor role
As a Quantity Surveyor at Allison Homes, you will be responsible for ensuring timely and accurate cost management, dealing with contractual issues, procurement and payment of sub-contractors for developments from pre-tender enquiries through to final account settlement.
We’re looking for a Quantity Surveyor with previous housebuilding experience. You must have an excellent ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously at different stages of value engineering, cost control, budgeting and forecasting and COIN’s experience.
Your qualifications and memberships will be aligned to Surveyor level within the industry. Always promoting the Company in a professional and organised manner. Punctuality and tidiness are essential.
- Responsible for producing, managing, and forecasting build costs for our developments as well as ensuring adherence to company policies and procedures. You will have responsibility for sub-contract procurement, payments & valuations
- Awareness of new materials and methods of construction along with a sound knowledge of the latest regulations, codes of practice and NHBC and LABC requirements is important
- You will be expected to contribute to design concepts to ensure designs fall within budget, and to complete accurate costing for each aspect of site development
- Responsible for liaising with relevant departments in order to prepare/compile the Site Start budget in readiness for the commencement of construction and marketing of the site
- Preparation of tenders, and procurement of subcontract trades is a key part of the role. You will also be responsible for managing the payment process for subcontractors, supporting members of the payments team in ensuring payments are made in accordance with agreed payment terms
- In conjunction with the Construction Manager and Site Manager, you will be required to attend subcontract performance review meetings with subcontractors from time to time
- You will be responsible for maintaining budget control throughout the development, managing cost overruns within contingency levels. When evaluating and agreeing variations and instructions, you must always be aware of budgetary constraints, ensuring that approval is obtained prior to agreement of variations that are more than respective allowances
- Preparation, analysis, and presentation of reports on a weekly/monthly/quarterly basis is an integral part of the role as is attendance at management team/department meetings, which may be held at various locations outside of the workplace
We are looking for someone with…………
- In-depth knowledge and experience of all aspects of quantity surveying and contractual procedures ideally within the housebuilding industry
- Experience using Construction Industry Solutions (COINS) management software
- Highly numerate with excellent diligence, able to compile, interpret and present data for the preparation of budgets and valuations
- Articulate and calm under pressure
- Strong people skills, able to work as part of a team or in isolation and manage external working relationships
- Able to contribute to the resolution of disputes
- Organised and initiative-taking with a willingness to take ownership of projects
- Strong IT skills, including working knowledge of computer systems within the commercial environment
- The ability to work on own initiative
- Excellent communication skills, and the ability to build effective working relationships both internally and externally
- Professional and pleasant manner in dealing with internal and external customers
- Excellent telephone skills
What you get in return
- Competitive salary
- Simply Health Cash Plan
- Company Pension
- Discretionary Bonus or Commission Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Company car or car allowance
- House purchase discount scheme on Allison Homes
If this sounds like you, join us and be part of Allison Homes future success.
Closing date 29 February 2024
How to apply
Please send us your CV along with an optional covering letter ideally including details of your current salary and notice period to firstname.lastname@example.org
This job advert will close as soon as sufficient applications have been received, and therefore you should apply for this job as soon as possible.
Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications that we receive, only successful candidates will be contacted.