Your Next Family Home
It is back to school time…
…and if you are a parent of school-age children, that means new uniforms, PE kits, checking the school shoes still fit and (dare we say it?) a general sense of relief! If your children are younger, you still have all this to come. However, no matter what stage of the parenting journey you are at, parents will all agree that when it comes to choosing a place to live, it is of utmost importance to choose somewhere children will feel safe and happy.
At Allison Homes, we have built enough houses to know what makes an ideal family home. First and foremost is a good location, and we scout out the very best sites for our developments based on fundamental factors such as local natural beauty and air quality, crime rates, school provision, and local services and amenities.
Our extensive experience as a home builder has also helped us to understand how modern families want to live in their homes. Our house types and layouts reflect that knowledge, whether in two-bedroom starter homes for couples planning their families or sprawling five-bedroom properties with multiple bathrooms for a house full of teenagers.
If you are searching for your next family home, you might want to consider one of the following developments.
Tudor Reach, Kirton in Lindsey, Lincolnshire
- Kirton in Lindsey enjoys a rich history and a unique setting, being partially situated on Lincoln Cliff. Homes on the development are perfect for families, and children will love the independent sweetshop in town!
- Despite being a small town, Kirton in Lindsey has its own primary and secondary schools close by. Both Kirton in Lindsey Primary School and Huntcliff Comprehensive School are within walking distance, so the school run can be done on foot.
- Local activities for children include a junior football club, and a music and dance studio offering a variety of music and dance lessons for all ages and abilities. Kirton in Lindsey Youth Centre provides a programme of events through school holidays to keep older children entertained.
Bishops Grange, Laceby, Grimsby
- Close to the coast and overlooking the beautiful Lincolnshire Wolds, this is a peaceful development of three, four and five bedroom homes
- Laceby Acres Primary Academy is rated ‘Outstanding’ by OFSTED, and there are a number of other good primary schools in Grimsby and Market Rasen.
- Nearby secondary schools are equally highly-regarded, with Healing Science Academy also deemed ‘Outstanding’ at its last inspection.
- Stunning surrounding countryside for families to explore, with an angling club and golf course for children interested in fishing or golf, and an arena-style auditorium in Grimsby attracting bands and solo acts to perform for young people with a passion for live music.
Oakley Rise, Corby, Northamptonshire
- Part of the popular Oakley Vale development, just outside Corby, this growing community is the perfect setting for families who want to relocate to the countryside.
- Some of the best schools in Northamptonshire are close by. Corby Primary Academy is rated ‘Outstanding’ by OFSTED and there are a number of other excellent primary schools in Corby. Brooke Weston Academy, Kingswood Secondary Academy and Corby Technical School are all highly-rated secondary schools located in Corby.
- Oakley Vale boasts beautifully landscaped green spaces, a number of play areas perfect for children of all ages, and a flourishing community centre.
And, if you like the sound of a family holiday home…
Serenity Lakes, Holbeach, Spalding
- How about a three-bedroom eco bungalow in an exclusive lakeside location on the outskirts of Holbeach?
- Escape the city on weekends and school holidays and enjoy stargazing in big sky country, with nearby seaside villages and stunning countryside to explore
- Holidaying in a UK-based home from home is the new going abroad…As well as soaking up the beautiful setting, visit Baytree Owl and Wildlife Centre, RSPB Frampton Marsh Nature Reserve and the National Trust’s Peckover House for fun-filled family adventures.
If you are searching for your next family home, contact us today.